THE REASON YOU WAKE UP
The NOC Technician-Level 1 is responsible for the day to day site power and Telco management and issue resolution of the Network Operation Center's (NOC) monitored customer networks. Responsible for the continuous monitoring and management of the customer networks to ensure alarm receipt and processing procedures are followed.
The position will be responsible for generating and processing tickets for technical support and service. Position will identify alarms, raise requests and will perform basic diagnostics of the problem and dispatch it as required. Where the customer problem requires deeper technical knowledge, the position will be responsible for escalating the customer request to the Network Operations Technician-Level 2 group in a timely manner for troubleshooting and resolution. Additionally, the NOC Technician-Level 1 will retain overall ownership of the fault report, unless relieved by senior staff.
The Network Operations Center Technician-Level 1 will monitor actions, monitoring progress, monitoring SLA's, and perform proactive escalations when problems are identified. Utilizing the Call Management System, the Network Operations Technician-Level 1 will ensure customer entitlements and/or SLA's are monitored, managed, and problems are tracked within the ticketing system with root causes identified in the case of failure to comply with commitments.
- Alarm Receipt & Processing
- Monitor all customer management platforms for alarm conditions.
- Evaluate and isolate all customer site power or Telco related alarms, turning all other alarms over to the NOC Technicians-Level II group.
- Troubleshoot the alarm condition to determine the resolution action.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution action directly with the customer
- Manage the issues, if necessary, with outside vendors.
- Generate and update trouble tickets to provide history on all customer issues.
- Escalate issues not related to site power or Telco issues to the NOC Technicians-Level 2 group.
- Open service requests in service management system
- Proactively monitor requests for status of scheduled field engineers and spares to ensure VITAL adheres to customer service level requirements.
- Ensure field engineers understand scope of work to be performed and arrive prepared with necessary tools prior to engaging field engineer with customer.
- Document arrival of field engineers and spares
- Escalate to Technical Support Center when service request requires technical expertise
GETTING THROUGH THE DOOR
- At least 1 year of experience in network management preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience with Cisco data equipment (Cisco IOS)
- Experience or knowledge of HP Openview, Castlerock SNMPc, Orion by Solarwinds, and Voyence preferred.
- Knowledge of concepts and the use of network management toolsets.
- 1-2 years experience in a networking oriented Call Center preferred
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Some knowledge of data and / or voice transport technologies, topologies, standards and infrastructure are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using ERP, trouble-ticketing and service management systems preferred
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to be effective at various levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with basic skills required in using Microsoft Word and
Microsoft Excel is required.
- Non Smoker