An office based role within VITAL’s Customer Service Center responsible for receipt and ownership of customer service requests, administration of tickets within service management system and monitoring of field and logistics requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Receipt of customer calls in a professional manner
Ownership of customer service requests within service management system from creation to closure.
- Open service requests in service management system
- Validate customer entitlements
- Proactively monitor requests for status of scheduled field engineers and spares to ensure VITAL adheres to customer service level requirements.
- Ensure field engineers understand scope of work to be performed and arrive prepared with necessary tools prior to engaging field engineer with customer.
- Document arrival of field engineers and spares
- Escalate to Technical Support Center when service request requires advanced technical expertise
- Field inbound calls/e-mails in regards to faulty equipment on maintenance.
- Gather closing information from customers and field engineers
- Document departure of field engineers and spares.
- Determine when billing is necessary and obtain approval from Contracts group
- Bill requests as necessary
- Close requests
Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of service requests.
Perform escalations according to defined escalation process.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicant must possess a combination of the following skills, education, experience and training.
- High School degree
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to be effective at different levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a technical/customer service role
- A basic understanding of traditional and wireless networking
- Experience using trouble-ticketing and service management systems required.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with basic skills required in using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required.