The Technical Support Engineer serves as a member of the Vital Technical Support Center Team. The Engineer is primarily responsible for providing remote support to technicians performing various technical service related customer requests, to includes: staging configurations on customer equipment, troubleshooting various types of networks and devices (vendor agnostic), performing Technical Readiness calls to technicians for scheduled work & providing administrative support for Vital Field Operations teams. The Engineer will support the Vital Field Service Teams, and will interact directly with Vital’s customers and end users on a daily basis. The Engineer position requires someone who is extremely customer focused, with strong communication skills, and has the ability to multi-task. The Engineer must enjoy taking ownership and resolving technical problems. The role requires an engineer skilled in the concepts of Enterprise and Service Provide networking, data communications including routing and switching, wireless data communications and have a strong familiarity and understanding of Juniper routers, switches & firewalls. The Engineer must enjoy a fast paced, constantly changing, entrepreneurial business where they will not only grow a Technical professional but also as a member of an industry leading Service Team.
- Provide 1st level escalation support to Vital Field Services customers for critical incident and problem management activities. This includes fault isolation, trouble shooting and resolution support for critical customer service interruptions.
- Serve as subject matter expert for assigned customer accounts and take ownership of complex customer issues.
- Drive issues to resolution and identify root cause of problems
- Perform on-call support.
- Provide ongoing recommendations for continual service improvement for Technical Support Center function and process.
- Create configurations and stage data communications equipment for new network build outs and network expansion activities with most appropriate operating systems and patches.
- Experience operating within the command line interface (CLI) across multiple IT vendor software platforms.
- Strong background operating within the JUNOS CLI.
- Ability to stay organized and detail oriented.
- Routing and Switching background and experience (Security is a plus)
- Experience with industry leading routing and switching products such as: Juniper, Cisco, Adtran, etc.
- Hands-On experience with configuring Juniper & Cisco routers, switches & firewalls & Cisco access points.
- Knowledgeable in routing protocols; EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- End-to-end QOS knowledge across a Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Experience with industry leading Wi-Fi products such as: Cisco, HP Procurve, Aruba, BelAir, and Motorola
- Understanding of standard Wi-Fi security encryption methodologies and authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) technologies including: WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.1x, LEAP, PEAP, TKIP, RADIUS and TACACS.
- Experience in the management and implementation of software upgrades for all elements of a Cisco and Juniper implementation, including assessing all formal manufacturers’ software releases and the impact on customer networks prior to implementation
Experience and Skills required:
- Experience working in a multi-customer environment for an MSP, ISP, Carrier or other service provider
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Specialist-Enterprise/Service Provider (JNCIS-ENT/SP) required, JNCIP-ENT/SP/SEC desired
- Working knowledge of Juniper routing and switching
- Working knowledge of routed and switched network communications.
- Working knowledge of wireless data communication.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications
- At Least 3 years experience of network troubleshooting
- Experience in ITIL service model
- Strong understanding of DNS/DHCP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the different levels of internal and external customers and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage priorities based upon internal and external priorities.